How to download and install Microsoft Expression Studio 4
You will need to login in Microsoft as a UB student, them download and image (ISO) file of Expression, burn this image to a CD, and use this CD to install Expression in your PC. This is the full version that does not expire, you can keep it after the course.
go to dreamspark.com>
- click in Sign in, and sign in with your Windows live ID
- if you do not have one sign up for one with your UB e-mail address, not other e-mail address, because Microsoft uses the e-mail address from universities to allow free downloads
- after you login, select Expression Studio 4 and click on download using the Web.
- you have at the end of the download a file ending on Ultimate4_en.iso
- Place a blank writeable CD in your CD/DVD drive
- right-click on the file ending on Ultimate4_en.iso and select your preferred program to burn it to the CD (for example: Windows Disc Image Burner) and do it
- use the new burned CD to install Expression to your PC, select setup.exe if it does not start automatically after you inserted the CD.
- As soon as you start the setup.exe it will ask you to download and install .Net Framework 4. Follow the instruction on the screen to do it.
- You will need to run setup.exe again from the CD and the installation will now start.
- You can install all the options of Studio opyions, but for this course you only need Expression Web 4, you may de-select the other items if you want to save disk space.