University of Baltimore
Merrick School of Business
Assignment 5: Subnet Mask calculation
This is an exercise in subnetting. You will compute a subnet mask and the IP numbers in each subnet.
- assume you received a class-C IP address (126.96.36.199) and you
are setting up a network with 4 subnets, each with 50 workstations.
- use the IP Calculator
and compute the subnet mask and also check, and report, the maximum
number of workstations in a subnet to see if you can have 50
workstations in each subnet
- obtain the IP range in each subnet, and include them in a
table. In addition include in the table the subnet address, the default
gateway, and number of unused IP numbers for each subnet.
- finally using MS Visio draw a representation of your subnets with the range of IP numbers for each subnet.
- Include all the above information in a Web page.
- When you are done post the page URL (address) in SAKAI Assignments area, Assignment 5.
This page is maintained by Al Bento who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on August 28, 2014. Although we will
attempt to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the
accuracy of the information provided.