University of Baltimore
Merrick School of Business
Modifying an Active Server Page using VBScript.
- Your first task is to install the Microsoft Personal Web Server (PWS) in Windows 9X or Internet Information Server (IIS) in Windows 2000. Be sure to have Internet Explorer 5 and above installed.
- Your second task is to configure PWS/IIS. Follow the tutorial on how to do this.
- Your third task is to create a very simple server page including your name and save it as default.htm
- Your fourth task is to download formasp.html and decode.asp to the wwwroot sub-directory of InetPub to use the Personal Web Server or IIS.
- Your fifth task is to add two fields in the form: one for e-mail address and another for phone number. Modify the decode.asp page to receive the information and send back to the browser not only the name, but also the e-mail and phone number.
- Your final task is to include the content of formasp.html in your decode.asp script, so that if the method is get you send the form to be filled. If the method is post you send back the page with the information entered in the form.
- Finally, post in the file area of the Forum a copy of your modified decode.asp script as assignment 4 (A4).
This page is maintained by Al Bento who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on November 10, 2004. Although we will attempt to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.