University of Baltimore
Merrick School of Business
Assignment 2: web query and e-mail
- Web query:
- E-mail references:
- Do not exit the browser, nor Notepad, just minimize them.
- Open your e-mail software, like you did in the prior assignment.610a2.
(I receive about 50 messages a day and have around 90 students this
semester -- be sure to use the subject 610A2 for me to know that this is
INSS610 assignment 2, and file it accordingly).
- Type a first line saying
something like "This is my assignment on software publishers." Minimize
temporarily your e-mail application or equivalent.
- You have two ways to copy the references to your
- using the mouse copy the reference list in Notepad. Minimize Notepad again and click on the your e-mail application minimized icon. Go the second line of the body of your message, left-click to select the location and select edit paste, to paste the references you highlighted. Voila -- the references are ready to be sent!.
- attaching the references: save the list of references in Notepad to a file. Click on attachment in your e-mail application or equivalent and type the file name in the attachment line. This method works better if you are using a Windows e-mail system. In UBmail it requires that you upload the file to UBmail first, then attach.
NOTE: Given the present "fatware" disease that plagues the word processing world, DO NOT attach word processing files -- they are too big. Instead save them as text and attach the text version.
- Sign and send me the assignment! By sign I mean: write
your name go the next line and type your e-mail address. This is the
standard signature to use on the Net. See below.
This page is maintained by Al Bento
who can be reached at email@example.com. This page was last updated on August 30, 2001. Although we will attempt to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.