Concept: a group of NT machines that share “a security server” - the primary domain controller (PDC VS BDCs)
- Windows for Workgroups and Windows 95 can join by selecting as workgroup name the domain name
- Users with Windows 95 clients can log on NT server net similarly to NT workstations.
- user name <= 20 digits, password <= 14 digits
- users have permissions (access) and rights (do something), groups
- SAM - Security Account Manager, keep user information
Trust relationships: allow an user to be part of more than one domain.
- If A trusts C, users in C can access resources in A (one-way)
- two-way trusts : users of both both can access the other