Shift to LANs and the Internet
Large scale move from using mainframes and terminals to PCs, LANs and the Internet.
- Future of network management:
- Successful management of multiple clients and servers over LANs, BN,s and Internet
Focus on integration of organizational networks and applications. Main problems:
- Not all LANs use the same architecture
- More types of network technology used, the more complex network management becomes
- Staff must be familiar with many different types of devices