Securing the Network
Securing the network requires personnel designated to be accountable for controls:
- Develop network controls
- Ensure that controls are operating effectively
- Update or replace controls when necessary
Need to be reviewed periodically for usefulness, verification and testing:
- Ensure that the control is still present (verification)
- Determine if the control is working as specified (testing)
- Is the control still working as it was specified?
- Are there procedures for temporary overrides on control?