Setting static IP addresses
Install TCP/IP protocol (for NT/9x)
- open the network dialog
- select protocol, then add you will see the select protocol dialog
- click OK and NT/9x will will ask for disk and install TCP/IP
Setup IP address details
- select TCP/IP protocol and click on properties you will see the TCP/IP properties dialog. See the equivalent in Windows 2000 , XP , VISTA, and Windows 7.
- Select the adapter you want to setup (up to six graphically)
- Fill in IP number, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway
- Select the DNS tab and you will see the DNS setup dialog
- Use Ping to test your setup.