Site Development Proposal
Guidelines for the "Site Development Proposal"
The proposal should include the following items (please keep the numbering and headers):
- Organization: for which organization, department or business the site will be developed? Or will it be fictional? If developing the site for a client: Client contact(s) is/ are to be clearly identified, including e-mail address and phone number.
- Objective: what is the main purpose of the site? Please take in consideration that some readers will see the page for the first time, while others will be repeat users, and information may be added and changed, throughout its life. Therefore the objective should identify permanent information and variable information in broad terms. Specific items will be identified during project design and implementation.
- Scope: what content areas will be included in the page? A home page design includes, generally, a set of pages (presentation), each covering a sub-topic of the main page topic. Given the time constraints for project completion, no more than five (5) pages should be developed for the project. In addition links to other sources and references should also be included in the pages. A generic indication of these links should be included in the scope, and need not be an exhaustive list of sources or references (between three to five is a good ballpark figure).
- Organization support:
- If you are developing the site for a client:
- What kind of support will the client organization provide? Will there be somebody who later on will be in charge of maintaining the page, who will be participating in the project?
- Are there sources of computer media available for page content (computer files with text and/or graphics, existing site URL, etc.)?
- If art and / or graphics are involved, will the client provide a printed image or any form of computer media of the image?
- What times and days will the client's contact be available to meet with the project team? Any other commitments from the client?
- If you are not developing the site for a client:
- what will be the source for the content of the site? If an existing site include the URL of the existing site.
- what will be the source for art and / or graphics of the new site?
- Deliverables: this item is more or less standard in the present case. The project team will provide:
- a set of html pages created in one of the project team members UB Web space
- a printed to pdf copy of the pages obtained from a browser (You can use a free software as PrimoPDF to do so).
- If you have a client you will also need to deliver a copy of the HTML files and images in a diskette or CD to the client.
- Deadlines: the due dates are as follows:
|Project Web site selection
||June 22, 2008
|Project proposal due
||June 29, 2008
|Project Web site due
||July 20, 2008|
- Project members: Client's contact(s) name(s) (if any), and project members name(s).
This page is maintained by Al Bento
who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. This page was last updated on May 11, 2008. Although we will attempt to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.