Adding to what we have seen before:
- Trojans: we have seen that BO, NetBus and SubSeven are the most common Trojan, backdoor hacker tools.
- TCP/IP ports: official , Internet services. Different from protocol ports.
- Trojan ports: list , more details, and resources.
- Port listening software: netstat, Active Ports (example), BackOfficer Friendly (example).
- Checking and removing Trojans: Symantec on-line check (example), Moosoft Cleaner shareware.
- Weeding out rogue processes: Windows Task Manager, Linux ps –aux
- Be aware of traps: Whack-A-Mole (pseudo game), BoSniffer (BO in disguise), eLiTeWrap (packs Trojans as exe). Generic: download, scan for virus, then execute, do not run from Internet.
- Rootkits: Difficult to detect