Work Redesign Options
- The periodic shifting of a worker from one task to another.
- The strengths of job rotation are that it reduces boredom and increases motivation through diversifying the employee’s activities.
- The horizontal expansion of jobs.
- Job enlargement attacks the lack of diversity in overspecialized jobs, but does little to instill challenge or meaningfulness to a worker’s activities.
- The vertical expansion of jobs.
- An enriched job organizes tasks so as to allow the worker to do a complete activity, increases the employee’s freedom and independence, increases responsibility, and provides feedback.