University of Baltimore
Merrick School of Business
Assignment 1: ftp to HOME Web Server
- You will need your username and password for the UB PC network in
order to do this assignment, something like ubxxxxx, or similar.
- Open your browser and go to the student.html
- Firefox: select File, Save as and save the file student.html
in your UB network account or in your home/office PC. In
Internet Explorer 8 select Page, Save as. In Firefox and
Internet Explorer save as Web Page, HTML as shown in this image.
- Righ-click in the squirell image at the top of the student.html
page and select Save Image as, as shown in this other image in Firefox, or Save Picture
as in Internet Explore 8 as shown here.
The name of the file image is yourpict.gif.
- create a profile for HOME, home.ubalt.edu , in FileZilla, if you
have not yet done so (see the tutorial FTP in Windows).
- Ftp the files student.html and yourpict.gif to your directory in
the home.ubalt.edu Server. Note: select students and then look for your
- post the URL (Web address) of your student.html file in
ASSIGNMENT area under: Assignment 1 by the end of the day of February
7. It will have the following format:
http://home.ubalt.edu/firstname.lastname/student.html , where firstname.lastname is your UB e-mail account without @ubalt.edu.
That's it folks!
This page is maintained by Al
Bento who can be reached at email@example.com.
This page was last updated on January 15, 2010. Although we will
attempt to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the
accuracy of the information provided.