University of Baltimore
Merrick School of Business
Assignment 3: Home page - text and photo
This is a continuation of assignment 2 -- create your home page.
- Your first task is to scan or take your picture using a cell phone, scanner, etc.
- Your second task is to use XnView to edit and crop the image to a
size you like, then save it with a name of your choice , e.g.
- Your third task is to modify your page to include the name of
your photo there (if you used the template, replace yourpict.gif with
the name you gave) and date last modified. Save it as myhome1.html.
- Your fourth task is to add a background color or image to your
page and create links to places you may have worked for, and prior high
school and colleges you may have attended.
- Your last task is to upload the .gif and text of your page to your home Web directory, using FileZilla or equivalent.
- Finally, post the URL (the address) of your home page in
home.ubalt.edu in the ASSIGNMENTS area under Assignment 3 by February 21. Your URL will look like like http://home.ubalt.edu/firstname.lastname/myhome1.html , where firstname.lastname is your UB e-mail account without @ubalt.edu.
This page is maintained by Al Bento who can be
reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on January 15, 2010. Although we will attempt
to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the accuracy of
the information provided.