OPC - Office Producs Company
What should be in the final report?
This project has two different stages: (a) design and (b) implementation.
- Sales by city and sales by product report definition: Use a word processor or text editor to create report layouts.
- Data Base design: create a simplified entity-relations diagram, represent the data base in relational notation, then use PowerPoint to represent draw the ntity-relations diagram.
- Create the tables and load the January data: use Access, or equivalent, and code your tables (include a copy of the table definitions and table values).
- Define the relations among the three tables using Access (include a copy).
- Use a query to create a table of sales by city, and another to create a table of sales by product. (include the queries, not the tables).
- Create a report of sales by product and another of sales by city : one more time use Access, or equivalent, to create the reports . Use the tables you created through queries to create these reports.(include report layout and output).
Organize your project report as follows:
- management summary: a brief description of the system and your final recommendations (what to drop, if any?).
- data base design: the entity-relations diagram with the relational notation of the DB, and table definitions.
- data base structure and table values: the table structure and simple report.
- Joining the tables: copy of the queries.
- Sales by city and product: report layout and output
Submitting the report
- Post your group project report in the OPC tab in one of the group members Assignments folder in WebTycho.
- You should submit just one file per group in zip format.
- Place all your files of the project in one directory and use a free compression software from Nonags to create one file in zip format.
- You may find difficult sometimes to save some of the screens you see in Access. If this is the case, please use a free software for screen capture you can download from Nonags.
- If you have problems capturing to your liking the reports, please use a free software from PrimoPDF to create a PDF file.
This page is maintained by Al Bento who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on August 16, 2005. Although we will attempt to keep this information accurate, we can not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.