Gaining access in 802.11
- easy to setup from the ward-drive information
- just create a profile
MAC Access Control
- use the sniff information to identify valid MAC addresses.
- spoof the MAC address of your wireless card (Read this article for counter-measures).
WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
- protects data from eavesdropping, not authentication
- uses key between AP and card transmissions
- brute-force, key and packet cracking off-line (e.g. Aircrack-ng)
EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol) Methods
- A client finds an AP and is prompted for a username and password
- Keys are create dynamically after login